Wednesday, January 19, 2005

My Intent


The initial reasons behind these letters were to clarify my actions—or the lack thereof, my beliefs and/or doubts as regards my Awakening to whom they say I am, and to come to terms with the visions and memories they give me to know as the True.

But, as I work through the early, yet-to-be-published journals, I realize I can no longer be sure of the future I was describing to you. For the Timeline is now changed. Its exact duplication ended with the new bargain that now seals our fates. I cannot be sure that the previous End Games will result the same sacrifices. The sacrifice that gifted me your birth.

You are termed a lesser brother—being a hybrid of this world. I dislike the “lesser” inference they’ve imposed and hesitate to use the word in that I, myself, should acknowledge it.

But I know otherwise.

You risked much to help Awaken me. Put yourself among those in life-threatening circumstance. For there are those who have already died being associated with those trying to find and communicate with me. As one who will forever be known as having died of an excessive lifestyle.


But I know otherwise.

With the visions comes the truth. I saw the thinly milky liquid poured over his mouth. The vomit would cover its cause and the death of a young guitarist was reported as having consumed too much liquor with the wrong kind of drugs.

I could not help him. He was born only of this world and none of us could Touch is heart. You, I could help and is why we are Heartbound. It was meant only to keep you safe from harm. At the time of that Bonding, I had yet to know the severity of its impact.

Your death will be as no other can be. Being Heartbound makes it so. You chose a sacrifice in order that I be free to return to my home. You were born to me, upon that return, so that the Journey would never be in vain.

I believe that first I must tell you why you were gifted to me the first time. And how it came that you were born a second. It is the only true way to understand why it is now so changed.


~Dellasseea N'Syis, First-born Daughter of the Primal Elements.
Prisoner of that which is most commonly referred to as The Forbidden World.
Third Era/Third Displacement

Copyright © 2005-2008 The Forbidden World Chronicles ~L.L. Abbott, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

This is very interesting. I thought when I saw the title Diary of a Prisoner that I was going to be reading fantasy. This looks more like a science fiction story. I like the use of a blog to keep up with one of your characters. Thumbs up!

HeartSong Studio said...

Thanks for stopping by,Eowyn!

You touched on my very dilemma! I'm leaning toward SciFi[though it's not hard-core Science Fiction]; but, an agent [during a writer's conference Critique/Consult] determined I should guide it as Fantasy, which has more marketability these days.